Thursday, 24th September 2020
Proverbs 9:10 – The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
There are some qualities that will bring wisdom into our lives.
1. Reverence is one of the requirements for gaining wisdom. Therefore, I acknowledge God and I revere God. I fear the Lord. I say, “You are higher, you are better.”
2. Humility is something that garners wisdom; it is a requirement for wisdom. You cannot be proud and wise. Humility brings wisdom. Proverbs 11:2 says “When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.”
3. Teachableness: we need to be teachable and willing to learn.
4. Diligence: diligence is the precursor of wisdom because you need to be careful, persistent, consistent and a hard worker to be wise.
5. Righteousness: you need to be morally right to act wisely, and
6. Faith: to receive wisdom from the Lord (James 1:5-6).
All these ingredients go together. So if you love wisdom and desire wisdom in your life, you will cultivate and use them.
Wisdom is the key to any ride you are ever going to be on in your life. It is the key to parenting. It is the key for singlehood. It is the key for marriage. It is the key to joy. It is the key for a decision in a business. It is the key to choosing what career you will pursue. Etc.
Proverbs 9:9 says “Instruct the wise and they will be wiser still; teach the righteous and they will add to their learning.
Keep going after wisdom, keep developing and keep growing those qualities that help you gain wisdom.